5 Ways To Relax –
Life is full of stressful events; i.e, work, family and friends. Decompressing or relaxing is challenging when you are a parent. You quickly learn that “free time” is treasured and almost non-existent. Finding the proper balance of “me time” versus “family time” is hard but not totally impossible.
1. Writing – One of the ways I have learned to relax is to write. If I have a stressful day I have found that putting my feelings on paper (figuratively only…I use a computer) helps to reduce tension. It can help me to find solutions to problems or cope with an ongoing situation better.
2. Reading – The moment I pick-up a book I can find myself “lost” in an adventure. It is through my love of reading that I have been able to become a “super spy”, travel the globe and visit different worlds. Relaxation is easy to find when I am reading a book.
3. Music – When I have had a stressful day I turn the radio on. In fact, I not only turn the radio on, I turn the radio on loudly! As William Congreve said, “Music has charms to soothe a savage beast.” (I feel if music can soothe me it can soothe anything)!
4. Video games – My son isn’t old enough to play the mature games, such as Far Cry 3, but he is old enough to ask for a dance off (such as Just Dance 4). Video games are a way that I can relax and become competitive at the same time. (always a good combination)!
5. Family and friends – Spending quality time with my family and friends is a good form of stress relief. It is because of my family and friend that I am able to stay motivated and focused on the positive aspects of my life. The people in my life allow me to write consistently and continue to do the things I love.
Doesn’t everyone relax with their hat on???
It’s not always easy to relax! What do you do that helps you decompress? Do you generally find ways to relax alone or with your family? Tell me in the comments!!!
Today’s Amazon Gold Box Deal Of The Day Is Far Cry 3, and it’s only $34.99, TODAY ONLY! Here’s how to get it! Just go here and buy it today to get this awesome deal. The deal is only available on January 22 so don’t be late!
I will be given a copy of the game, Far Cry 3 to discuss different ways I relax!