Over the course of the last month while I was doing the A to Z +1 Blog Challenge I was fortunate at being awarded some awards by several different bloggers. The last award I received was the Liebster Award on September 7, 2012 from My Brain On Kids! It’s a fun and funny site where insanity comes in a 4-pack of kids (with a small dash of husband on the side!) You can also follow this mom on twitter @mybrainonkids! Thank you for the award!
According to the rules I have to answer 11 questions that the person giving the award set for me!
My questions to answer
1) What was your favorite food when you were a child?
Pepperoni pizza…not at lot has changed since I was a child either it is still one of my favorite foods. I am just a big kid in a man’s body (if you don’t believe me just ask my wife!)
2) What is your favorite quote?
Tough one! I have several I like, “One small step for man….” or “I have a dream.” or “Ask not what you can do…” are all quote’s I like. I try to live by the one I made up and it’s my tag line on my blog. ”All of us have made some real blunders in life….it’s what we do with them that counts!”
3) What is your favorite book? I am also looking forward to this one.
Easy one….A Separate Peace by John Knowles which I first read in high school and have reread many times since. It was because of this book I choose to wear pink sash with my prom tuxedo! The book tells me it’s alright if your different and you don’t have to follow the norm to find acceptance.
4) What is your favorite body part?
The eyes have it! (okay and long leg’s but that is more about envy because I am only 5 8″)
5) What is your favorite song/band?
This is a question that depends a lot on my mood and how I am feeling. If I am feeling country possibly Garth Brooks or if I am feeling like a rebel, Bon Jovi.
6) If you could be a kitchen appliance, what would you be?
A coffee pot! I want to laugh at all the parents drinking the coffee in the morning and never figuring out there isn’t enough coffee in the world to keep up with a toddler on a sugar rush!
7) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Proofreading! I can read a post a dozen times and still make an error (which irritates me to death)
8) What was the last movie/TV show that made you cry?
The end of Wizard’s of Waverly Place! No seriously, I don’t know. I haven’t seen any television or movies that hasn’t include animation in almost 3 years.
9) What would you name the autobiography of your life?
40+ Years Old is the New 2
10) Do you ever get mistaken or get told you look like a celebrity. If so, which one?
Hugh Jackman – Wolverine (go figure….must be the sideburns)
11) If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
Elvis Presley – I Ain’t Nothing But A Hound Dog so I know he would want to meet me!
Now according to the rules I am to nominate 11 blogs for this Liebster Award and write 11 questions for them to answer for me that they need to post (they also get to nominate some awesome blogs!)
1. The World 4 Realz.com
2. Homeless Chronicles In Tampa
3. The Dad Life
4. Our Crazy Boys
5. Moondustwriter’s Blog
6. Brian Vickery – Social Media Sport Analogies
7. Pragmatic Mom
8. Thoughts From Paris – That’s My Name Fool
I now should nominate 11 blogs but I am only nominating 8 and saving the other 3 and will let the winner’s know of them and make a post when I give them. (I did the same with Super Sweet Blogging Award)
11 Questions for my nominations
1. What is your favorite color?
2. Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. Not counting family…what do you feel your greatest accomplishment is so far in life?
5. Book or movie?
6. What was your favorite childhood toy?
7. Did you have an imaginary friend as a child? If you did, what was its name? If you didn’t, what would you have named it?
8. Favorite season?
9. Did you play sports in school? What were they? If not, do you regret not playing sports?
10. Dvd or Blu-ray?
11. You get to become a villain for a day from a Disney movie. Which villain are you?
, bon jovi
, funny site
, garth brooks
, pepperoni pizza
, prom tuxedo
, separate peace by john knowles