Versatile Blogger Award
Over the course of the last month while I was doing the A to Z +1 Blog Challenge I was fortunate at being awarded some awards by several different bloggers. The next couple of days I will answer each one of them and thank them in the order I received them. I would like to start by thanking Marissa for The Versatile Blogger Award and for reading the ramblings of a stay-at-home dad.
I received The Versatile Blogger award back in the middle of August from Marissa the awesome mom who runs the blog City Girl Turned Country Mom. You can also follow her on twitter @CGTCMom
The Versatile Blogger Award
The Versatile Blogger Award asks you for 7 Random Facts about yourself:
1. I like to wear cowboy boots! What I don’t tell you is that I also like to wear cowboy boots because I am only 5′ 8″ tall. I put on the right pair of boots and I am immediately over 5′ 10″ (a definite ego boost) and I can finally reach things on top of the refrigerator!
2. When my mother was pregnant with me she said that I craved bologna. She has told me that I couldn’t get enough bologna. Well, while my mother was pregnant I must have eaten enough bologna because I haven’t liked it since then!
3. I took piano lessons for ten years. I still know how to read sheet music, the keys and tempos. I seriously doubt I could play much of anything if I tried (the motto use it or lose comes to mind)
4. I have lost a little over 60 pounds since the day my son was born. I can actually say that now I weigh less than my senior year of high school! If anyone says that keeping up with a toddler isn’t a workout they haven’t actually ever watched a toddler (or watched a toddler bang into the wall over and over and over)
5. I do have a southern accent. We moved to the Midwest for over a decade and I had lost part of my ” southern twang.” We moved back home a little over two years ago and amazingly my southern twang has found me again! (You might take the country from the boy but you can’t take the country out of the boy!)
6. I am an only child. I always wanted siblings growing up and I worry about my son not having any sibling.
7. I have 3 miniature dachshunds. Dachshunds are the only breed of dog I have ever owned. (No wiener joker necessary!!)
In accordance with winning the Versatile Blogger Award I have to nominate 15 other blogs for this award
In no particular order I nominate the following:
1. Souvenirs of Fatherhood
2. Parenting Is Funny
3. Lottie Nevin
4. The Real Matt Daddy
5. Razing Mayhem
7. Electradaddy – Hollering Out My Opinions
8. The Daddy Complex
9. Chosen Chaos
10. Bruce Sallan
11. Luke, I Am Your Father
12. Dad and Buried
13. Gina Valley – The Glamorous Life of Modern Day Soccer Mom
14. Rant Rave Write
15 My Blog & Role Fantasy
Now the versatile blogger award rules!
Things to do if you are nominated for this award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
No tags for this post.