Being a father is all about understanding our many roles. Parent’s are many things to their children at various times in their life’s. It is a daunting task but the rewards of having a happy child far outweigh anything else. If you considered all of my roles and built them into one, my son would tell you I am a household hero.
Household Hero Wanted
Being a household hero is remarkably refreshing! It can make a man feel like a coca-cola commercial. It is invigorating and gives you a sense of purpose. As a household hero, father’s must consider all aspects of the job and never think that they are too good to do any of them.
Household Hero Apply Here!
Luckily, my son took out advertisements of some job opening he was looking for. I applied and he immediately hired me! I thought I might share some of the various job openings he had posted
- Chauffeur - Wearing a smile, saying thank you and please wanted for this job. You will be lucky enough to place small child in a car seat and then drive to various locations. Person will then get to take him out of the car seat and hold the door for him as he gets out of the car. Being a child’s chauffeur should not be taken lightly! Added incentive for safe driver: child will give good tips and upon occasion will say, “I love you!” upon arrival of a surprise destination.
- Social Coordinator – Having good language skills is a plus in this job! Looking for a person that is good at being able to organize at a moments notice all activities for the day! You will need to be able to keep small child entertained but be able to direct attention away from negative behavior.
- Doctor - Person must know complete history of band-aids and their various uses. Would be helpful if person also knows CPR and now certified in blood pathogens.
- Cook – Must be willing to learn. At bare minimum person must have a degree in peanut butter and jelly! Looking for a person with good hygiene and willing to relocate to various locations in the house to deliver food!
- Personal Shopper – Would love for this person to be able to show me new items that are fun and exciting! Would consider it a plus if they also brought with them a credit card to buy new items!!
- Nuclear Physicist – Looking for person that is able to show off their intelligence at various times! If you would like to apply please fill out questionnaire on how come the sky is blue, grass is green, stop lights work, dogs bark, the sun is hot and give a complete definition of the word “why.”
- Head of security – Need a person that shows no fear. A regular household hero type! Must be willing to protect others and knowledgeable in hand to hand combat. The combat is not only for protection but to “play fight!” NOTE: I do not supply your body armor. You must provide your own armor.
- Domestic help – Need one person that is able to pick up after me at a moments notice. MUST be able to do laundry. Would prefer someone who does not starch my diaper!
- Household Hero – If person feels they are qualified for these roles and any other duties that might arise please fill free to apply for the ultimate job of household hero!
Easy Approval Process
Superhero’s get to wear the cool capes!!
I was very lucky that my son was smart enough to post all the various jobs he had open. I felt it was important that I applied for the one job I knew I would be the most helpful. He accepted and approved my application rather quickly as household hero! I haven’t regretted it one bit either! As a household hero he even allows me to occasionally wear the super hero cape!
Be sure to check out Andi-Roo at TheWorld4Realz who is writing about a month of controversy in the A to Z +1 August blogging challenge with me! I was a bit late posting but I have a 3-year-old and fatherhood comes first! Today is the letter “H” for Household Hero.
Tags: band aids
, being a father
, coca cola commercial
, job opening
, language skills
, peanut butter and jelly
, sense of purpose
, social coordinator